Wednesday, December 06, 2006

GO NAVY!

Here's to more responsibility and fewer people to answer to, but more importantly a few extra dollars every paycheck. This is the kind of deal that makes people consider re-enlisting. E-5 in less than 3 years? Not unheard of, but definitely above the standard rate of advancement.





Here's a picture of me with the CO of the ship. After shaking my hand he said "Petty Officer Hanson, congratulations on your advancement. I'm proud of you." Though I know he couldn't care less whether or not I ever get promoted, I suppose he had to say something nice. If I was him I would've probably said something like, "Hey Hanson good job. You know what they say... 'Two chevrons are better than one!"

1 Comments:

At 3:24 PM, Blogger pelicanl said...

EN2 Hanson,
Your CO sounds plenty smart to me; after all, he promoted you to E5 and got you to start using the ""R"" word all on the same day. Heeeeee's 'PROUD' of you??? He hasn't seen you family yet, now has he!!
love
dad

 

Post a Comment

<< Home