Sunday, April 01, 2007

Arabian Nights

These are from the "Sunset Safari" tour I went on the 29th. It started out as a baja-style race through the dunes, pausing for a flat tire, and continued to camp where we tourists indulged in cold beers and a circus pony style camel ride.
Finally our hosts fed us a traditional arabian bbq and drove us back to the ship. Checking out the scenery during a short break to regroup the 20+ Land Cruisers in our convoy.
Looks like a scene from "Lawrence of Arabia"
Making sand angels reminded me of the winter during my childhood in northeast South Dakota, but left sand stuck to the back of my head.
I managed to make a new Arab friend. He said his name was Habu.
He insisted on refering to me as his "brother".
The camels had basket muzzles over their mouths to prevent them from spitting on people.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home