Monday, January 15, 2007

A Little R&R

Me, Faith, and Larry
Nancy, Joe and Sven

I got to spend my last 3 days before departing Washington doing the necessary pre-deployment errands and preparing my vehicle and barracks room for my long absence. However I did squeeze a bit of fun into my work schedule. Friday I had an opportunity to help Joe and Nancy with their basement finishing and ate some tasty pork sirloin afterward. Saturday afternoon I stopped by the Reiersons for dinner where I was once again wined and swined with a pork roast with all the fixings. Four hours Sunday morning were spent at Our Saviors worshipping, learning, and helping out before 9 of us went to a biker bar for BOGO free burgers. The Bears-Seahawks game was on and more than one patron was seen with a beer in one hand and a forkful of eggs in the other, all the while yelling at the TV screen trying to explain to the Seahawks QB what it was that he was doing wrong. That was the last time I'll see any of those great Lutherans for a long while.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home