Friday, April 13, 2007

14 April 2007


I'm three months into this deal and the routine doesn't seem to change much from day to day. I recently began a freshman english composition class onboard that I go to three times a week. It's a nice break from the monotony of wake up, go to watch, eat, work, shower, sleep, wake up, go to watch.........

I've also been practicing playing my harmonica a few minutes every day which is, believe it or not, paying off. I can play some single note songs well and hope to learn some more complex 2 and 3 note songs and different styles- particularly blues.

This picture is from a five days ago whilst the rhib was being hoisted from the churning waters of the North Arabian Sea to the davit after early morning small boat operations during which I was the "boat engineer".

3 Comments:

At 5:38 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great Picture! I'm so glad you've taken on the harmonica. It's the perfect sized instrument for your space. I'm looking forward to hearing you play. Love, Mom

 
At 6:50 PM, Blogger pelicanl said...

Don't wander too far from the MOTHER boat or you may find yourself having lunch with Pres. Tom and his Iranian thugs.
Dad

 
At 6:45 PM, Blogger pelicanl said...

if that really is an 18" neck on you Ryan, our wrestling days are over.... I don't want to be humiliated!!
Dad

 

Post a Comment

<< Home